I’d love to hear from you.
Tam Lan Truong
Fully-equipped studio in Boucherville, QC. Available on-location on request
What is your process?
1) As soon as I hear from you, we talk about ideas we might have, and the overall look we're going for.
2) On the day of the shoot, you bring your clothes, and all the hair/makeup stuff you usually use. We shoot, try different things, have fun with it!
3) I send you a pre-selection of images after the shoot, filtering all the ones that are not in focus, have an unflattering expression etc.
4) You let me know about your favorite four. If you see more, I can retouch them at an additional fee, that is no problem.
5) You receive the images within 7 days.
What are your packages?
Packages start at 300$ for four retouched images in a 2 hour session in my studio. Additional images can be purchased at 25$/image after the shoot. Students get 50$ off for headshots.
What should I expect from the session?
I'll probably offer you water when you walk in. We will try different things. Different clothes. Different moods. Some shots will be amazing. Some will make us laugh. When I see that we have enough of the former, we'll wrap it up. You'll have the preselections by the next day.
What should I wear?
That dress/blouse/shirt that you feel awesome in. Seriously. I've seen people in a glittering coat and own it. For your headshot, I'd strongly recommend something that covers your arms. Strongly. If you're feeling unsure, something simple & unicolor will always work.
Do I need a makeup-artist?
You probably don't need one, though I've seen them do amazing work. Feel free to bring! However, for headshots/promo photos, you probably don't really need one. Just bring your hair/makeup kit!
Where is your studio located?
I have a fully-equipped studio in the quaint suburb of Boucherville on the South Shore.
By metro & bus: Take the yellow line to Terminus Longueuil-Université-de-Sherbrooke. Take the 83 (30mins), or the 84 (20 mins) bus to the address I'll provide you with. The bus stops right in front of the studio.
By car: use Google Maps/Waze/Apple Maps. Takes about 25 mins from downtown.
How much retouching do you do?
My philosophy is to portray real beauty. I generally stay away from retouching all those lines in your face that tell the story of who you are. However, I don't believe pimples, blackheads or the likes are necessary for your story, so I remove these. Other than that, I will work on lighting and colors to make it all fit the mood. Of course, if you have any special requests (add more hair, thin the face...), I'm happy to accomodate. It's your portrait after all, you need to feel comfortable showing it to the world :)